Thursday, January 21, 2016

Not Marble not the gilded monuments- my perspective

The poem "Not marbles, Nor the gilded monuments," is one of the best poem written by William Shakespeare.  In this poem, he just wanted to convey his readers a message that the world is mortal and it can never remain the same.  

Same is with the body it can also not remain in the same condition.  When I read the first line of the poem Not marbles nor the gilded monuments then I found myself lost as if whatever I have done, will not be considered by anyone as if the great ones who had made great monuments for glory of their hollow pride then what can I be able to do because I am living a life of an insect.  No one knows me rather I am just a part of the crowd.  But then I thought that because I have written so much that's why it can be possible that the people of prospective society can also be able to know my ideas and thoughts. 

Perhaps they can remember me through my writings and it might be possible if it can be helpful for others.  

I don't consider Shakespeare a pessimist or a poet who shows the mortality of this world rather I consider him as a poet of immortality who is always having a faith that he will always alive in his work.  There is one more poem which is very similar to that one i.e. "Shall I compare thee to a summer day."  This is also a classic one as here also he just wanted to say that his poems will remain immortal and same is with the people who have been praised in the lines of Shakespeare's poetry.  

So, in the end, I would like to say that everyone should read William Shakespeare if they want to enjoy the immortality.  Just start with a small poem and the rest of the thing Shakespeare will do himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment